Marketing, Communications and Events Specialist
Production Music Association
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Remote – Los Angeles Preferred
The Production Music Association (PMA) is the leading advocate and voice of the production music community dedicated to advancing the unique value of production music and working together to ensure a better future for our community. We are a non-profit organization counting over 670 music publisher and composer members. Major labels, independent boutiques, emerging composers and well-known Grammy™ winners are all part of our membership. Together, our members account for over 1,000,000 individual copyrights and PMA music is heard daily in over 65 countries. Our goal is to continue to provide of all our members the education, support and advocacy our community deserves.
The PMA is seeking an experienced marketing and communications professional to collaborate internally and externally to grow membership, own and execute communication strategies and grow our digital presence.
Marketing and Communications:
- Provide support and assistance in planning, developing, producing, and delivering marketing and communications materials
- Manage development, production, and distribution of promotional and collateral materials
- Develop and oversee the communications calendar to ensure timely execution of the program
- Use contact management system and other social media to create and send emails, newsletters, etc.
- Analyze marketing and communications programs and make recommendations to adjust strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness
- Utilize effective communication strategies to grow membership base – specifically composer membership
- Update website as needed
- Light graphic design for communication elements for social media and newsletters
- Liaise between the PMA and various media outlets for press opportunities
- Community management on social media platforms as needed
- Creation of online resources, articles and infographics to be included in external communication strategy
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters
- Research and assist with new sponsorship opportunities as both an event host and third party vendor
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
- Manage volunteers and additional event staff during events
- On-event social media coverage
- Planning and executing post-event communication coverage
- 2+ years of experience in digital communications, marketing, social media or equivalent
- Strong marketing, communications and public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Experience managing events, including sponsors, speakers and other guests/attendees
- Music industry experience preferred
To apply, please submit your resume, two writing samples and an example of a digital campaign that you have created and executed to email@example.com.
The Production Music Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age