Do you have an understanding of how performance royalties are calculated, collected and dispersed? With programming continually moving to on-demand TV and online streaming, how do copyright owners collect these performance royalties?
This panel will explore:
- The state of technology and its applications for better performance and mechanical collections from both traditional programming and advertising
- How to support our Performing Rights Organizations and their efforts
- What the new streaming royalty rate means for the industry
- What efforts are in place for getting performance reports from digital platforms
- Financial expectations of music used in programming on digital platforms like YouTube, YouTube TV, Spotify, Hulu, and other digital platforms