The state of TV music usage in ads and promos across the US – key findings:
- Music used in CPA formats makes up 20% of the total airing time when music is present.
- Production music makes up more than half (57%) of all the music played within CPA performances.
- Production music usage is dominant across all CPA format types analysed, with rates as high as
83% in promos, 48% in advertisements and 89% in other formats such as trailers, infomercials and public service announcements.
- Ads are the predominant CPA format, accounting for 75% of the total on-air time, with promos at 24%
- Production music accounts for almost half (48%) of usage in commercials and 83% of usage in promos.